Monday, May 3, 2010

WISDOM SEARCH

I wake up . . . uhhuurrmm . . .It is still dark, still very early, haaayyy . . . I’m sleepy, but then, I can’t sleep. I sit down, pray, open my light and get my Sabbath, a daily reflection reference, and my Bible. I read:

WISDOM 6:12-19 Wisdom shines bright and never grows dim; those who love her and look for her can easily find her. She is quick to make herself known to anyone who desires her. Get up early in the morning to find her, and you will have no problem; you will find her sitting at your door To fasten your attention to Wisdom is to gain perfect understanding.

If you look for her, you will soon find peace of mind, because she will be looking for those who are worthy of her, and she will find you wherever you are. She is kind and will be with you in your every thought.

Wisdom begins when you sincerely want to learn. To desire Wisdom is to love her; to love her is to keep her laws; to keep her laws is to be certain of immortality; immortality will bring you close to God.

Wow! Excitement slowly runs from my heart to my veins. It was pounding with enthusiasm. Wow! Wisdom, she’s such a great treasure to be found. The desire in me to find her suddenly got increased. I got so awake.

I read on and as I reach the prayer of Solomon for Wisdom (Wisdom 9), I sort of borrow it from him, and I so sincerely pray it, as if they are my very own words, then I read on again up to chapter 11, on one seating.

. . . This happened one morning at dawn, early of 2005, a few months after I entered our community. Considering I only read my Bible no more than 15 times until August of 2004 when I got across Rick Warren’s “Purpose Driven Life” . . . within 40 days I had read verses from my Bible more than 700 times.

But that morning, it was very different, an experience I would never forget. Since then I prayed to God for Wisdom, because I knew she could guide me towards Him. She could tell me what pleases Him and not. She could tell me whether to turn right or left, trace back or go straight ahead in my life’s journey. But the most wonderful of all, she could bring me close to God. That’s the best above all. J

Later, I was also led to read the Books of Proverbs and Sirach. I love the Book of Sirach, so full of Wisdom.

As of now, my search for Wisdom is not over yet . . . well, it will only come to an end when God will take away His breath from me.

As long as we live, it is a continuous search for Wisdom. I am thankful that God is not selfish. He shares His Wisdom with us . . . not only through The Bible. Every creation He made, every experience we all have, everything we see or hear . . .speaks of God’s Wisdom.

Awesome! God really reaches out to us and wants to make sure we don’t take the wrong turns in our life. Well, we still make mistakes and have failures, as we turn deaf or blind on Him . . . but still He makes them into victory as He gives us Wisdom through them. Right, my friend? J

Wisdom had helped me a lot in my decision makings. She helped me see things beneath the surface of situations and people. She helped me take the right steps towards my purpose in life. She helped in my continuous transformation . . . but above all, true to her promise, she brings me closer and closer to Dearest God. J

Search for Wisdom! Sincerely desire her! . . . She’s one friend you can’t do without in your daily journey in life.

WISDOM 8:20 Still, I realized that I would never receive Wisdom unless God gave her to me – and knowing that only God could give her to me was itself a sign of understanding. So I prayed, begging the Lord with all my heart.

Oh, by the way, I discovered, as I pray for Wisdom, I have to pray for discernment, too. I have to choose from what I learned from her which one I can apply at the right time, at the right situation . . . “Teach me, Lord, for I know not . . .”

-luisadelacruz

No comments:

Post a Comment