Monday, May 21, 2012

WHAT MATTERS...


 Inspiration: Sirach 40:18-27

Masaya ka ba sa work mo? (Are you happy with your job?)
Sa family mo? (With your family?)
Sa araw-araw mong ginagawa? (With what you do everyday?)
Pagod at bagot ka na ba?  (Are you already tired or irritated?)
Honestly, masaya ka ba?... (Are you happy?...)
Last Saturday, I watched a true story about Xerces and his younger brother, Ponso. They were very close but family problems and goals in life estranged them. Xerces is intelligent, finished college and worked for the family. Si Ponso, hirap mag-aral (had a hard time studying) and was contented with a simple job and doing household chores…

One day, Ponso died in an accident. The whole family was surprised, madaming nakiramay na natulungan ni Ponso at mga friends nya (many came to pay respect, those whom Ponso had helped and also his friends). Xerces realized as he cried:

“Ako ang mas matalino, pero si Ponso ang marunong sa buhay…” ("I am the intelligent one, but Ponso is the one who knows how to live...")

Nakakaiyak ang story nila…(They;re story is so touching...)

Sabi ni (As per) Peter Ng Kok Song, Singapore Finance Professional, who belongs to World Community for Christian Meditation:

“What matters more is being happy, not successful…
Success is just one ingredient of happiness…
Happiness is discovering and fulfilling your purpose in life…
I am not sure if I am successful, but I am sure I am happy because I found meaning in my work and I have experienced being loved and to love…”

Have a Smiling Heart!
 
-luisadelacruz

4 comments:

  1. thank for watching my story and the story of my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank for watching my story and the story of my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank for watching my story and the story of my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank for watching my story and the story of my brother.

    ReplyDelete