Tuesday, August 7, 2012

REACH UP TO GOD...NO MATTER WHAT...



Years ago, I was amazed with an Indian mango tree in Mindoro. It was toppled down by a strong wind, its big trunk lying on the ground. Through the years, its trunk grew further, not too high, but standing erect. It bore fruits and I could reach them from where I’m standing. 

Last year, I observed a plant bent by a cat when it jumped over it. As days went by, it stood erect again. 

 Last Friday, August 3, I transferred a plant with small red flowers in a pot. It had a 90 degree bent stem. I couldn’t do anything about it because if I forced it straight up, it might break. I thought, “Oh, it will reach up to heaven eventually.” Two days after, it did. As I watched it from my window, I was truly awed in the desire of plants to reach up to their Creator…

There are so many things God teaches me from plants. What did I learn from this? Well, no matter how struggling a plant maybe, whether it was caused by outside factors or not, it will always try its best to stand to reach up to God, and maybe…just maybe, if it can only speak, I will hear it praise and thank God in spite of the circumstance it had gone through.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-19 (GNT)
 Be joyful always,
pray at all times,
be thankful in all circumstances.
This is what God wants from you in your life in union with Christ Jesus.

-luisadelacruz

2 comments:

  1. Thank you, nay.
    I will keep on reaching to God. no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..hugz tight Confe :) God bless your life abundantly :)

      Delete