Tuesday, April 5, 2011

THE FLIGHT


I close my eyes and I see an eagle
Soaring high in the sky...
He flies effortlessly
Trusting the wind beneath his wings.
How beautiful he is to watch
Gliding up in the sky so swiftly.
He looks like he so belongs there...
He has no fear of the heights....
He enjoys where he is.
I wonder how it feels to glide up there....
I stretch my arms on my sides...
I feel the wind under my arms,
so cool, so soothing...
The gentle wind carries me.
It's so peaceful up there.
Suddenly, I feel fear and apprehension.
But I heard a voice telling me,
"Let go....just let go..."
Slowly, I trusted the gentle Wind...
I allowed Him to carry me further
wherever he may take me....
It's so wonderful....
The experience is ecstatic as I glide....
The eagle and me are one....
The gentle Wind and God are one....
God carries me and I can trust Him.
I can glide peacefully and soar high.
I can totally trust Him.
God will keep me safe
in my journey until
He brings me home....

-luisadelacruz

4 comments: