Saturday, September 29, 2012

MY BIRTHDAY WISH….



When I was little, I came to know birthdays. My Mama would always cook something special to celebrate our birthdays. It would always be just for our family, occasionally, with invited guests and relatives. As I was the youngest, my three sisters would always give me gifts, anything from simple to something big. But my Mama would always remind me: “It is the thought that counts not really the monetary value of the gift.”


Many birthdays had passed in my life and all through them I always had wishes. I always had something to ask from God as a gift. Some were granted, some were not given as I want but in another package. Yap, I even had broken dreams and frustrations.

Along my journey in life, God had taught me that challenges in life would always be there, one after the other, some just like scattered rain showers, some like heavy storms. The only shield I can have is my faith in Him and His love for me that at the end of each rain showers or storms, I will be always okay. Everything will be fine because He will make sure I will be safe. May be at times, I will have some wounds and scars but He will always be there to heal them, give me rest and strengthen me.

He also opened my eyes to the value of simple and little things. Though I still fail to recognize them at times, but I’m learning. There are many daily miracles and blessings that He gives me. I didn’t recognize them before because my eyes were so set on big things and big dreams that I got blinded by them. I also ignored them because I was so busy with doing what I want in my life.

I now realize, each day is a gift. Each time I open my eyes in the morning is a gift. Each time I breath air is a miracle. The fact that I can see, hear, touch, walk, move…and more…is a precious gift from God. Having my family is a treasure. God lending me my parents to love me and bring me up to who I am now is truly a big blessing. My siblings, my brothers-in-law, my nephew and niece are a joy. My relatives and friends are His gifts, too.

Having the opportunity to have an education, to share God to others, to eat more than three times a day, to have a home and a TV, a computer…everything is all because of God’s grace.
I am grateful that God would even think beforehand of creating me in the womb of my Mama. I was born with nothing and yet He provides me with what I need. He clothes me, feeds me and helps me grow. I am awed by the fact, that He loves me so.

This year, in my birthday, I searched my heart for the biggest gift that I wish to have. Oh, yes, I still found petty desires there, but I didn’t sense my heart leap in the thought of them. I dug deeply, further and further, until I found something that brought tears to my eyes…my birthday wish above all the others:

I simply desire to make God smile…and with this wish is that I may always allow Him to increase in me and to others as I decrease. 

Just the thought that I do good for God and make Him smile allow little tears to escape my eyes and my heart to leap in joy. It’s not easy to be unselfish and not to take credits for each accomplishment. It’s very challenging to sincerely and truthfully point to God and not to self. I still have so much to learn in life. It will take my lifetime to be transformed. I will still falter and fail God. There will be times that I will still offend Him. I may be in the half-time of my life or may be less. I don’t know. I cannot change the world. But for the rest of my life, I can do something in my little world in accordance to God’s desires. And for the rest of my birthdays, I deeply desire that this will always be my wish above all else. I may even forget this from time to time, but by God’s grace, I believe He will make me remember and He will grant it…and one day, when it is time…may He be there to welcome me in His arms…with a beautiful smile on His face…That will be such a great joy!

Everything is a gift from God…each day is His miracle…We truly have such an awesome and wonderful God who never fails to take care of us and put up with our tantrums…who never fails to show His love for us in spite of our demands…He deserves much more love than what we give Him…He will love us no matter what…

-luisadelacruz




1 comment:

  1. Hiv disease for the last 3 years and had pain hard to eat and cough are nightmares,especially the first year At this stage, the immune system is severely weakened, and the risk of contracting opportunistic infections is much greater. However, not everyone with HIV will go on to develop AIDS. The earlier you receive treatment, the better your outcome will be.I started taking ARV to avoid early death but I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.As a Hiv patent we are advise to be taking antiretroviral treatments to reduce our chance of transmitting the virus to others , few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information on Hiv treatment with herbal medicine, on my search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from Hiv her name was Achima Abelard and other Herpes Virus patent Tasha Moore also giving testimony about this same man,Called Dr Itua Herbal Center.I was moved by the testimony and i contacted him by his Email.drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com We chatted and he send me a bottle of herbal medicine I drank it as he instructed me to.After drinking it he ask me to go for a test that how i ended my suffering life of Hiv patent,I'm cured and free of Arv Pills.I'm forever grateful to him Drituaherbalcenter.Here his contact Number +2348149277967...He assure me he can cure the following disease..Hiv,Cancer,Herpes Virus,Epilepsy,Hepatitis,Parkinson disease.Diabetes,Fibroid...

    ReplyDelete