Tuesday, April 6, 2010

THE BAMBOO AND ME

Last Saturday, we went to Touch of Glory Prayer Mountain in Antipolo. I was so excited to be there because for me, this is my encounter with God. It would be a day of silence alone with Him and sharing with the sisters with me towards the end of the day.

When we arrived there, I could feel the cool breeze. We checked out the place and saw the prayer cells where one can be so alone with God, inside a 1.0 meter by 1.20 meter cell. Well, I tried this twice and I was so concentrated that I almost fell asleep hahahaha!

We went down the stairs and there were prayer huts there where one can sit down surrounded by the trees and plants. You could hear the birds and see the insects. Ohhh! This works well for me. This was where I conversed with God.

You know what struck me most in what I saw there?

The bamboo trees. They look so tall approximately around 7 storey-high building. During our morning worship, before we separated, I already noticed them. In my solitary reflection, they stand out in my sight.

I remembered the story in emails about the bamboo and the fern. God said that the fern grew at once, but the bamboo took 5 years before it sprouted and grew so tall. It was strengthening its roots through the years. It became tall and prepared for the challenges of nature.

More than 5 years now, God had been changing me and transforming me. He did a great job. But I’m still in the process of transformation and purification. Well, this is a lifetime process. But I would like to be as the bamboo. It has strong foundation and can withstand challenges.

There were a few bamboos there that fell down, but not totally. You know why? Because the other trees caught them and supported them.

God revealed to me that deep in my heart, big fear is building up, fear for the unknown future. But He also showed me, that if I fall down, He would surely send help to keep me upright.

God is the God of the past, the present and the future. Nothing is impossible with Him. If He is with me, then I can be sure of success and victory.

He knows what is best, I just had to humble myself and follow His directions.
Like the bamboo, I could stand the challenges of life because God will be there beside me.

-luisadelacruz

No comments:

Post a Comment