Saturday, June 4, 2011

ONE UNEXPECTED MORNING!



            Late last night, I had a heart to heart talk with God. I poured out what’s inside me and asked for His help. I asked for His healing, His forgiveness, His guidance. I lifted up to Him the people and ministries I treasure. I entrusted to Him my future. And I said to Him, “All I want, Father is to love You each day.” Oh, yes I cried to Him and He embraced me with silence and comforting peace. Then I went to sleep.

            Today, was just like my ordinary days. I woke up before 4:00 a.m….prayed the rosary….after praying I went back to sleep….then I woke up around 5:15 a.m. As I got up, I noticed something different. There was a striking yellowish light outside that I saw from my window. As I looked closer, Wow! I was astonished at the picturesque view of the sky. It was so blue, white clouds with grayish parts were there. The sun’s so bright rays penetrated them which made them more beautiful.

            I immediately went outside to shot some pictures. I couldn’t be satisfied just standing on the ground, so I slowly climbed the ladder towards the roof over my room. My handicap didn’t prevent me. I really want to capture this beauty before it was gone. I sat on the roof. Wow! I took more pictures. I tried not to get the dark silhouette of the structures but its contrast to the sky added beauty to the scene.


             I sat still for a moment and looked around. I noticed the big tree on the other street. Oh, that was why every morning there were birds chirping and flying. They gave delight in my mornings. I also felt the cool air embrace me. I was just so happy and awed by everything. I was so grateful to God.

            Then all of a sudden, He made me remember something. I stared at the so beautiful scene before me. The blue sky, the white clouds, the gray shades, the silhouettes of the structures, they all contribute to the beauty of the scenery. Yes, even the grays and dark shades. The striking, penetrating, brilliant ray of the sun turned it into an awesome picturesque view here in this busy city of ours. They are all necessary to contribute to the whole beauty that beheld my eyes.


             God made me remember through this, that me and my life have light and dark side…. good and bad experiences…. strengths and weaknesses. Even if I try to ignore or remove the dark side, the bad ones, my weaknesses, the fact remains, they add beauty to me and my life. The striking rays of the sun is like the striking warmth and unconditional love of God for me. His love penetrating in my heart and my life makes them more beautiful than I can ever imagine. Each component is necessary and contributes to my whole beauty and to the whole beauty of my life.

Sometimes, I just have to climb to the roof of my life, give an extra effort for me to see things in a different perspective.

            As I reflected on today’s Gospel when I went down from the roof, my heart was further embraced by God. John 16:23-27 says:
When that day comes, you will not ask Me for anything. I Am telling you the truth: the Father will give you whatever you ask of Him in My name. Until now you have not asked for anything in My name; ask and you will receive, so that your happiness may be complete.
“I have used figures of speech to tell you these things. But the time will come when I will not use figures of speech, but will speak to you plainly about the Father. When that day comes, you will ask Him in My name; and I do not say that I will ask Him on your behalf, for the Father Himself loves you. He loves you because you love Me and have believed that I came from God.
 This was God’s confirmation to me that indeed He heard my prayer before I slept. He answered me through that picturesque view that astounded me when I woke up. I just so love God. He is truly such a wonderful Father….




No comments:

Post a Comment