Saturday, March 20, 2010

PUPPY THOUGHTS

September 2004, somebody gave my sister a puppy. She is a chihuahua. She is so very tiny (aaaaa, very cute), in fact, less than a foot and a half in height when she stands with her two front feet stretched up. Her color is brown and white. She is so very jolly . . . . really jolly. She always wags her tail whenever she sees me (mind you, the wag, faster than superman that even her behind seems to go with her tail). When I hold her up in the air with my one hand, her heart beats faster with fear (thugathugathuathugathug, he, he, he). But when I get her attention, her heart’s rhythm is still the same but she still wags her tail (ha, ha, ha), oh yes, she wags her tail.

When I hold her in my arms to cuddle her, she’s so hyper that she moves a lot toying with my hands, with my clothes, and even with my hair. When I put her down, she’ll run to and fro (zooooom . . . . zooooom), sliding at times, but not minding it. She will immediately get up and run again (zooooom . . . . zooooom). When I put her on the arm rest of the sofa, she will lie there while I protect her from falling. Sometimes she will scratch herself not minding if she falls or not. She knows my arm is there to catch her. At times I get hold of her as she is in the act of jumping even if the height is too high for her tiny body (wow, this puppy has so much courage).

Her eyes (oh boy), so very, very alert. They are so round and always on the look out. When she hears even a slight sound unfamiliar to her, she will immediately bark with her loud voice (Yap! Yap! Yap! Yes, as tiny as she is, she has a loud voice). Her body even reflects her alertness. I can see it in the way she sit, lie, stand, and move.

She is an intelligent puppy. She always tries to find a way to go where she wants to go, no matter if it’s on top of a chair. She always tries. Though at times she does not succeed, she just keeps on trying. She is so full of hope. That puppy is really something. She really makes me laugh. She puts joy in my heart. I love her.

So why am I telling you about her? Because through that puppy, Jesus enlightened my confused mind that time. He wants me to be like her (well . . . . not to bark like a puppy or scratch like her). Before the time I was about to have my struggle with myself, Jesus sent her in our home. She gave me a hearty laugh. As the days pass by, I began to notice her characters. Eventually, I saw the reason why He sent her.

Jesus wants me to be jolly, even when I have fear in my heart. He wants me to be cheerful and trusting in Him even when He is holding me in the air with one hand. He wants me to be playful, hyper, and always on the go while performing the task He will be giving me. Whenever I will slide, I just have to get up and go on with what I am doing for Him. I should always have courage in my heart to jump without thinking if I can handle the height or not . . . . I should have courage to trust in Him even if I do not know where He leads me.

I should always be alert for whatever Jesus will ask of me. I should always be on the look out for an opportunity to be of service. I should always try to find a way to fulfill my task, no matter how impossible it may seem. Even if at times I fail, I should never give up and keep on trying. I should always be full of hope.

Wow! Jesus really knows how to get through me. Even in just a very tiny puppy, He sends His message to me. He really knows me. He knows I am very fond of puppies. He selected this particular one and put all the characteristics He needs me to see. What a time to send her in my life. It is very much in time.

I named her Revie. It is from the word revelation, because through her, Jesus enlightened my mind.

-luisadelacruz

No comments:

Post a Comment