Thursday, March 11, 2010

THE ROCK BENEATH MY FEET

When we were constructing a house in Quezon City in 2002, we encountered an enormous adobe rock. It was laying on one of the holes excavated for a foundation. We had to remove a portion of it so we could reach the required deep we need.

The people took turns in hammering it (Thug! Thug! Thug!). Their hands were sore by the end of each day (hapdiiiii). If we used a jackhammer (Thugratatatatathug!), it would be faster, but we had no electrical supply yet. We had to do the chipping manually. That solid adobe rock, with its gigantic size lying on the ground, cannot be moved easily. Even if we had chipped off a portion, the rest of it stays there majestically. It didn’t mind every single blow we throw upon it.

That solid rock . . . reminds me of Jesus. During the hardest parts of my life, I need someone to support me. I need someone to help me get through alive and kicking. I need all the strength I can get, the love, and the care. Jesus is that Someone. He unconditionally provides all I need. He, practically, is everything I need to stand on the ground and face the situation at hand. He never leaves me. He is always . . . always there. Even if at times I hurt Him, even if at times I forget Him, even if at times I betray His trust, He majestically stays, with all His heavenly love for me. His trust never lessens. His forgiveness is unending. He just stays there, not minding the blows I throw upon Him. He just continues loving me and keeping me upright no matter what comes to me in my life. He is the very reliable rock that holds me steady. Jesus is the solid rock beneath my feet.

-luisadelacruz

1 comment:

  1. Wow, sis! It's nice to know that you were blogging na! It's inspiring, huh! Keep it up! God bless! :)

    ReplyDelete