Friday, June 22, 2012

LIKE THE BIRD....




During my silent retreat last June 16-17, as I attended Mass, a beautiful bird bigger than a sparrow flew to and fro on the chapel’s ceiling. There were times he hit the wall and I pitied him. I prayed that may he find his way out and not die there. Once he landed on the high window, but there was a screen, so he flew to and fro again. 

During the reading, he flew on the altar ground, facing the tabernacle, stayed awhile, then flew straight out of the lower window without falter….

I was teary eyed at this. It was like he recognized Jesus and Jesus gave His blessing to him. He flew swiftly to wherever…

When God uprooted me from my community, the transition was hard. But He wanted me to get to know the Catholic Church, her teachings, Mama Mary. He called, I followed, to where, to what, I didn’t know. 

I was like that bird flying around as I learn about my faith and get personal with Mother Church. But it seemed that God is giving me His blessing to fly now. 

Our spiritual director suggested that I hasten my prayer for me to commit to a parish ministry where God is calling me. This will keep me rooted in the parish, so if later, He will lead me to other ministries outside it, I’m still connected to the Church and, that I should not refuse God…

Like the bird, he said, I should remain grounded in Jesus so I could fly straight to wherever He will lead me…

If it’s God’s time for you to fly, stretch your wings, let go, trust God, fly…Let the Holy Spirit carry you with the wind of God’s love to where God wants and needs you to be…

Have a Blossoming Life!
-luisadelacruz

No comments:

Post a Comment