Wednesday, December 14, 2011

A QUIET MOMENT...

Inspiration:   Psalm 42:1-2

Dear God, You designed my mind to seek You.
You designed my heart to love You.
That is why there is a deep longing within my being
For my Divine Source and Destination.
I am restless until I rest in You.
I am discontented until I find satisfaction in You.
I am lonely until I find joy in You.
I hunger and thirst for You,
The One where the roots of my being came from.

Why desire those that this world offer,
When all I have to desire is You alone.
When I come naked face to face to nothingness,
I find that there is no such thing,
For in nothingness I find everything
Because I find my dearest God,
And You are everything my whole being needs.
From my creation to my death, I belong to You.
I am Yours.
Though You are hidden from my sight,
Let not this world blind me to this truth…

As a deer longs for the cool water
So my soul longs after You, oh my God…
My soul thirsts and You alone can satisfy this thirst…
You are my joy-Giver,
The Apple of my eyes,
My Beloved…
To You alone will my Spirit
Bow down and yield…
My Lord, My God…

-luisadelacruz



No comments:

Post a Comment