Friday, October 29, 2010

COLLECTING TREASURES . . . .

 

Last October 24, 2010, my family celebrated the birthday of my nephew, Raphael. My tummy was so full! Yummy! Yummy! We had plenty of food . . . . But what was fuller was my heart. There was a time that Raphael ate food while everybody was having conversations. He just came from swimming in the pool. I was seating in front of him and I was watching him. I really wanted to eat again, but I was so full. He teased me by giving extra expressions and gestures of how delicious the food were. I just laughed. He gave me joy that time.

There was also a time when her cousin, Ate Lorraine, was watching something in the i-net from her laptop and Raphael sat beside her and put his head on her shoulder. How sweet! That was a sight of treasure.

Before we left, we took pictures of them hugging each other, showing how close they are.

The simple celebration and conversations with my family made me so joyful that moment. It was a precious memory I truly treasure in my heart. Simple, yet a rich part of my life.

I don't know until when will I live in this world, nor until when can I be with my family . . . . I am so blessed, I have these moments. This is something most of us forget. With the busy world we live, we forget how to really live it . . . . We forget how to balance our life.

Tomorrow we may not breathe anymore . . . . Let's collect true treasures while we still can . . . . we can not turn back time . . . .

Warm Heart!

-luisadelacruz




No comments:

Post a Comment