Monday, April 23, 2012

TAKE A PAUSE


Inspiration:   John 6:26;   Hosea 6:5-6


 “…you are looking for Me because you ate the bread and had all you wanted, not because you understood my miracles…” – Jesus, John 6:26… 

In life, I have discovered that it is important to pause from time to time and examine my intention - whether it is on our business, work, service, my simplest tasks, etc – Why? 

To see if my intentions are still pure or not…Am I doing them already to satisfy myself or my needs, my ego? Or to please others? Or feel just obliged?...Or am I still doing them purely for the love of God and in humble obedience to Him? 

Am I happy because I am proud of myself? Or people satisfy my social needs? Or am I happy because I made God smile?...

There are many times I fail on these questions. I am like those looking for Jesus because they ate plenty. It’ s just a great thing that I have a forgiving God who reminds me, catches me and helps me get up when I fall….

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: 
It is important to always pause and examine our intentions that we will not fail to understand God’s miracles in our lives and what He truly desires from us (Hosea 6:5-6)   

A Sweet-Smelling Path for you!
-luisadelacruz

No comments:

Post a Comment