Tuesday, July 3, 2012

LET'S STOP BEING CHILDISH...


Inspiration:       Matthew 8:18-22

One day, I saw a little boy walking on the sidewalk, crying, stomping his feet. He was following his father who was carrying his younger child. The little boy stopped from time to time, hoping his father would stop and give in to what he wanted, but to no avail. His father went on walking, taking glimpses to check if his son was still following him. 

Today, as I reflect on the Gospel, I remembered this scene. I was like that little boy when I started my faith journey. Oh, I was such a baby, wanting to obey Jesus, but I didn’t like what He asked me to do. I would spend weeks or months crying, rebelling inside, and telling Him, “I can’t do that. Di ko kaya yan. Iba na lang pagawa Mo (Ask me to do something else). Boo-hoo-hoo-huhu!” 

With my tantrums, I stopped from time to time hoping Jesus would stop leading me to where I didn’t like, but He just took glimpses, gave me encouragements and all, He never stopped walking and I never stopped following. 

Looking back now, I smile, it’s a good thing He never stopped and gave in to my tantrums. Now I follow Him without them. He changed me through the years and I learned to surrender to what He wants and trust Him with His peace in my heart…

To follow Jesus is to entrust oneself and all the worries in the heart. It’s a decision to fully trust Him no matter what may come. 

So now, let’s stop being childish and start being a trusting child to the Living God.        

Have a Jolly Heart!
-luisadelacruz

No comments:

Post a Comment