Tuesday, August 14, 2012

REDISCOVERING THE CHILD IN US...


Inspiration:       Matthew 18:1-5

I have a rocking chair. Oh, no, it’s not like those of Grandpas’ and Grandmas’. This one is modern. It’s like those upholstered couch, no feet, no arms, just simply touching the floor, with backrest up to my head.

There was a time I needed to keep it and didn’t use it in a while. Honestly, I missed it.

Recently, I put it excitedly by my window. Every morning, like a little child, I sit on it, rock on it, be with the Lord and reflect…When I sit on it, I am like a child in God’s arms being cradled…It’s great to go back being childlike.

As we grow and become adult, we forgot the child in us. Responsibilities here and there, problems that keep coming, these gradually buried deeper and deeper inside us our innocence, our joy on simple things, the simplicity of how we look at things, how we jump in appreciation of little gifts…

Being childlike again helps us remember who we truly are – a child of God. Rediscovering this truth humbly brings us closer to Papa (Father) God.

Have an Innocent Heart!
-luisadelacruz

No comments:

Post a Comment