Monday, February 20, 2012

THE CHILD IN THE WHEELCHAIR


Yesterday in the church, there was a little girl in a wheelchair, 9-11 year old, seemed paraplegic with cerebral palsy. She was so thin and her body didn’t function well…I was so close to tears as I watched her. When the song “Power of Love” was sang, she quietly sang it. I believe God was so delighted of her…

I thanked God at that moment because in spite of my handicap, I could still do things and go places. Then I thought, “There are people like her or worst. At times, others think they are worthless, unproductive, and a burden. So what is their worth if they cannot do anything and need to be taken care of?” 

An insight came…

They make people holier and be in touch with the heart of God. How? 

By their mere presence, they bring out, not just mercy, but also compassion and gratefulness to in the hearts. Their family and others are moved to love and serve them.

Each of us has a purpose in this world. Why else did God choose to create us? 

The funny side of it is: for us to find our purpose, we have to first forget ourselves…our selfish selves and selfish motives to see our divine role in this world…

Discover your purpose..         

Have a Thankful Heart!


- luisadelacruz

No comments:

Post a Comment